The House was purchased by the Sisters in 1930 as a place where elderly people in need of Nursing Care could be assured of a safe, happy and caring home. Even at that time there was a need to have places where those with nursing needs could be looked after with skill and care and yet as much like home as possible.
In those days there was no central heating, only coal fires, no lifts... Things have changed.... Now we have two lifts, passenger lift and wheelchair lift. The home is now a modern Nursing Home with 39 beds. Most of the rooms are single rooms, some with ensuites. We have two double rooms.
We are situated on the edge of the Cheshire plain and has mature gardens surrounded by idyllic beautiful countryside which is fully accessible to the Residents. Our bedrooms vary in size and Residents often bring some of their own things to personalise them. All have soothing views of the grounds of the home. There are many different sitting rooms and a dining room. Meals are varied and can be taken in the dining room or in their own room.
We are a Catholic Foundation but we have Residents of many faiths or none. We also have a chapel where Mass is celebrated regularly.